Tablets are now the most popular and sought after gadgets in the electronics market. Almost every company you know has a tablet (at least) launched into the market, and what is even more surprising is that all of them are doing reasonably well.
Honestly speaking everyone wants a tablet now. iPad rules the rules the roost here, but others like Galaxy Tab from Samsung has also made a mark, indeed with better features than the iPad itself. However after buying a tablet many users think if the idea was a wrong one. I want to help you make sure you really want and need a tablet computer in the first place, so that after unpacking your tab you dont say to yourself,"Oh Gosh, wish I knew...!"
The choices are man made(read me-made whatever that means) and may change from person to person, but there you go.
Buy a tablet only if you crave for
- Multimedia : 7 and 10 inch screen tablets are ideal for delivering multimedia experiences on the go. They are way better than mobile phones and most support HD resolutions as well. So you lose out on...well, pretty much nothing.
- Web Browsing : Light web browsing like facebooking, watching videos on youtube, other news sites, reading stories, books etc are a breeze on any tablet.
- Gaming : Light gaming is supported on most Android and iOS tablets at this point of time. With better processing power, this is going to only improve. Go for the iPad if possible as they support the coolest of the games that are there.
Don't Buy a Tablet if your need is
- Document Editing: The bigger display of tablets is what makes it such a useful portable document carrier. But DON'T go for editing them, the lack of a dedicated keyboard is a serious handicap.
- Office Work : Pretty much any office work requires a lot of accessories, the most important of them being a keyboard! Trying photoshop on a tablet can be a nightmarish experience especially if you are on a deadline.