Ok. I get it. True, sometimes Life is boring. When you have to do the same things on the same days in same ways, meet the same people in the same places, listen to the same music, watch the same shows, sleep with the same partner(!) Life does sometimes feel low. In such situations you have two broad choices. One is to quit and go back to your comfort zone(whatever may that be) or to get things arranged and start something to spice up life itself.
|When Life gets boring, you need to remind yourself that it's much more than a word of four letters! - Useless Quote|
- Start Blogging - You can do this. It is simple and a very rewarding experience. Apart from money (not much) it gives you self satisfaction. Blogger, Typepad and Wordpress are some common blogging platforms where you can start for free.
- Draw stuff - Remember the days when you would draw stupid things on the walls of your home and get spanked by your parents? Do something like that. No, I don't mean to tell you that you need to decorate the office walls. You can however keep a few crayons, pencils, water colors or whatever that suits your fancy and start sketching or painting something.
- Hook yourself to some other hobby - Hobbies are great things to do to feel better. Some people collect stamps. Others draw. Some dance while others write. You can take a small piece of paper and write down what you like to do - without thinking hard. Write three points. These three could be a starting point. Try this one also - Discover a hobby!
- Have sex - Sex is super stress-buster. A lot of research has gone into this - to satiate our insatiable appetite for this obsession(and need). If you lose the interest to do this, consult a doctor. Pronto.
- Play Games Indoor and Outdoor - Playing games is a healthy exercise. There is no need for me to lecture on that. But even playing computer or other virtual games can be rewarding. At least they will take you to some virtual world where you can relive the Second World War or do some cool medieval magic.
- If nothing seems to be working - ..and you feel that you just don't feel like doing anything to improve your life, then you need a break. Go home. Stay for some days. Go for a vacation. If that is not an option, just go ahead to a psychiatrist. Often this mild depression may require some medication. A doctor will be able to help you on this.